The Interactive Advertising Bureau of South Africa (IAB SA) has announced a panel of industry leaders who will judge the 2019 Bookmark Awards. The awards, an IAB SA initiative, recognise and reward digital excellence and empower all members of the digital media and marketing industry to thrive in the digital economy.
Jerry Mpufane, chairman of the M&C Saatchi Abel JHB Group and jury president of the 2019 Bookmark Awards said, ‘I’m excited to be joined by this Bookmarks jury, a group of professionals who bring a diverse point of view to judging the best in digital. Our job is to define what is considered to be the brave and innovative in digital, setting apart what the industry will agree is the benchmark. We are experiencing a great response in the number of entries submitted, and cannot wait to get stuck in.’
‘We have a curated strong, highly-skilled, diverse panel of judges that represent the evolution of the digital industry, and South African audiences. We feel privileged to hear their unique insights on this year’s work,’ said Paula Hulley, CEO of the IAB SA.
This year, the entry criteria and measurement process for the Bookmark Awards was simplified, empowering all those entering to demonstrate what they have achieved to best set them up for success.
Ernst van der Merwe, creative director at Creative Spark and IAB SA Bookmarks Committee lead commented, ‘The Bookmark Awards celebrate the body’s key strategic pillar to ‘build brands digitally’ and the award’s core values of creativity, innovation and excellence. The awards consistently strive to offer a host of practical examples of how marketers, agencies and publishers have executed digital campaigns to deliver a sustainable impact on their business. Bookmarks 2019 is about allowing brands to be brave and giving them the platform and tools to illustrate the business impact of their campaigns.’
The IAB SA is proud of its multi-faceted panel of judges and is excited to see the result of their work in the coming months – specifically regarding business impact and creativity.
The IAB has divided the judging of work into seven jury panels: marketers, builders, publishers, innovation engineers, gamers, performance marketing and special honours.
List of judges
• Jury chair: Tseliso Rangaka, executive creative director at Ogilvy.
• Thandeka Mali: lead creative strategist at Showmax.
• Leigh Augustus: CEO and strategist at The Niche Guys.
• Lorraine Landon: head of agencies at Google.
• Camilla Clerke: creative director at Hellocomputer.
• Zia Namooya: CEO at Mindshare Worldwide.
• Samu Makhathini: account director at Kantar MillwardBrown.
• Gareth McPherson: group executive creative director at Publicis Machine.
• Emma Carpenter: creative director at Accenture Interactive.
• Ryan McManus: chief creative officer at VML South Africa.
• Suzanne Myburgh: digital marketing and media head at FNB.
• Priya Thakoor: chief digital officer at Coca-Cola.
• Veli Ngubane: CCO/founder at Avatar.
• Aviv Weil: creative strategist at Facebook.
• Jury chair: Luke Jedeikin, Co-CEO at Superbalist.
• Hayley Doron-Weil: digital creative director at FCB.
• Rory Jacobs: multimedia creative director at The Niche Guys.
• Phillipa Hickman: tech lead at VML South Africa.
• Audrey Naidoo: head digital marketing at Absa.
• Walter Madzonga: group executive at Independent Media.
• Danielle Mascher: head of development at Digitas Liquorice.
• Agisanang Masekela, creative director at Ogilvy Johannesburg.
• TinaShe Makwande: publisher News24 at 24.com.
• Annette Muller: CEO and founder at Flexy force.
• Riaan Wolmarans: managing editor, digitalat Tiso Blackstar.
• Emma Dicks: co-founder at Code Space.
• Jury chair: Izak Minnaar, editor: SABC Digital News at SABC.
• Chris Louw: head of digital content at Caxton.
• Razia van der Schuur: group head: social media at Independent Media.
• Musa Kalenga: chief future officer at Brave Group.
• Terry Levin: creative director at Bizcommunity.
• Uno de Waal: MD at Between 10 and 5.
• Deirdre Ingpen: Head of commercial at 24.com.
• Lebogang Boshomane: Editor Sowetan Live and Sunday World Online at Tiso Blackstar.
• Jocelyne Muhutu-Remy: Strategic media partnerships at Facebook Africa.
• Charlotte Kilbane: Editor in chief at EWN.
• Jacquie Mullany: creative director at VML South Africa.
• Jury chair: Jade Amic, creative director at VML.
• Ahmed Kajee: head of digital marketing and social media at Nedbank.
• Brendan Arries: senior front-end developer at Hellocomputer.
• Gregory King: creative director at Ogilvy.
• Amanda Louw Bester: founder – consultant at Pragmattica.
• Ricky Hendricks: digital marketing manager at Tencent Africa.
• Elizma Nolte: regional marketing manager at Facebook.
• Ernst van der Merwe: executive creative director at Creative Spark.
• Jury chair: Clare Trafankowska: Head of digital at Carat.
• Cherise Rogers: Head of Fast at Mindshare.
• Matthew Arnold: Chief engagement officer at VML.
• Parusha Partab: Head of strategy at Nova (formerly Creative Spark).
• Ariel Sumeruk: MD at Conversion Science.
• Farahnaz Thompson: General manager operations TSS at 24.com.
• Tasmin Kingma: Head of media at Hoorah.
• Antonio Petra: Innovation, data, and digital director at FCB.
• Pilira Mwambala: Ad operations director at Mark 1.
• Naledi Mashego: Managing director at Black Cherry Media.
• Bea Strauss: Head of supply at AdJoin Media.
• Naledi Mashego: Managing director at Black Cherry Media.
• Jury chair: Candice Goodman, CEO at Mobitainment.
• Graham Talbot: National head of development and technology at Ogilvy.
• Adrien Dawans: Creative technologistat VML South Africa.
• Luane Swart: Head of development at MobiMedia.
• Smilo Gosa: Manager for Ekasi Esports mgo (Multi-gaming organisation) at Ekasies Sports.
• Carmen Murray: Founder at Boo-Yah!.
• Jury chair: Charlene Beukes: GM, 24.com News at 24.com News.
• Alistair Mokoena: Chief executive officer at Ogilvy South Africa.
• Andrew Levy: MD at Umuzi.
• Chris Borain: MD at One Republic.
• Lisa MacLeod: Head of digital at Tiso Blackstar.
• Julia Raphaely: CEO at Associated Media Publishing.
• Ben Schoderer: Digital manager at Yum! Restaurants International, Africa.
• Jarred Cinman: CEO at VML.
• Karabo Songo: Group CEO at Brave Group.
• Wayne Hull: CEO at Accenture Interactive.
• Asha Patel: Head of marketing at Google.
• Paula Hulley: CEO at IAB.
• Kantha Govender: General manager at IAB.
THE BOOKMARKS thebookmarks.co.za