WordPress users hosted WordCamp Johannesburg, which took place from 25-26 October 2018 at the Focus Rooms in Fourways. WordCamps are informal, community-organised events that are put together by WordPress users and everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other.
The Space Pilot track included workshops for those brand new to creating a basic website, creating an eCommerce store in WordPress as well as sessions on marketing your site.
The Space Engineer Track for developers and implementers featured in-depth topics on development as well as running your business.
The Space People track was targeted at freelancers – those want to become one, or want to be better at business and featured an Ask the Expert Panel on Freelancing and Running your agency.
Speakers and topics included:
- Tas Abrahams: Organise & Automate your Service-Based Business with WordPress and Dubsado.
- Jedidja Snyman: The WordPress ABC for beginners.
- Matthew Datlon: WOOP: OOP-ifying WordPress.
- Hanna Partridge: How Facebook’s Ad Manager can save your WordPress/WooCommerce website.
- Seagyn: Building a Single-Page Application with VueJS and the WordPress Rest API.
- Charles Mackenzie: Simple tips and tricks for great SEO.
- Jonathan Bossenger: Turning your WordPress plugin into a SaaS.
- Karel Marais: Setting up an online store with WooCommerce.
- Ebrahim-Khalil Hassen: Using WordPress to test and validate ideas.
- Languteka Machebe: Look up in the cloud, It’s an API, It’s a plugin – it’s WordPress.
- Anchen le Roux: Freelancing/Agency Lighting Talks: New ways of working with clients.
- Jonathan Bossenger: Freelancing/Agency Lighting Talks: Don’t Panic – A developers guide to freelancing.
- Arvind Singh: Freelancing/Agency Lighting Talks: Working with full freedom; working remotely.
- Iwan Pieterse, Jonathan Bossenger, Andrew Lima, Anchen le Roux: Freelancer/Agency Panel Discussion: Different ways to run a WordPress Business?
- Warrick Kernes: How to offer your award winning customer service through your online store.
- Pascal Birchler: WordPress Internationalisation Workflows.
- Daine Mawer: Gutenberg: What you need to know for the next generation of WordPress.
- Shane Rielly: Escape the feast and famine cycle and increase your recurring revenue.
- Charles Mackenzie: Take the friction out of generating business leads.
The next 2018 WordCamp is being held from 1-2 November in Cape Town at The White Space Venue in Woodstock.
For more information visit: 2018.capetown.wordcamp.org