As a 51% black female-owned digital-first agency, the partners have reshaped BrandTruth//DGTL as Valiant, and the newly named company has an even deeper layer of services to help clients across Africa grow and to deliver business results that matter.
Valiant’s extended set of digital services include: Valiant Connect, Valiant Performance and Valiant Production. The agency offers a full range of digital-first services that deliver on business to business, business to consumer and internal communications requirements.
The services include:
• Consulting on digital-first strategic programmes.
• Bespoke experience design, digital activations and development.
• Pure-play digital marketing for all creative campaigns, concepts and content.
• Collaboration on integrated marketing communications, to get a message delivered effectively beyond the pixel.
• Digital brand design where digital identities are made.
• Bespoke digital content production including video, photography, audio and VR.
• Paid media to help small to medium clients connect with their audiences at the right time and on the right platform.
The agency was formed five years ago by three long-time friends with very different backgrounds, but with a shared single vision: to help brands digitally stand out from the crowd. Zubeida Goolam is umZulu with a Muslim upbringing from the Midlands; Sibongile Mbuzwana is umXhosa and from the Cape and Wayne Flemming is Afrikaans and hails from the Free State.
Goolam, Valiant’s Chief Creative Officer, commented, ‘Valiant Connect is our data-driven service that merges various data sources in order to formulate unique consumer insights to strengthen the thinking behind our work.’
‘We’re always learning, growing and evolving – it’s about forward momentum and harnessing the opportunities in the marketplace. The need for reinvention highlights our desire as an agency to consistently push our offering to meet our clients’ changing needs and making sure we achieve consistency in our delivery,’ added Mbuzwana, Valiant Chief Operations Officer.
‘We love to collaborate, including working with other agencies, partnering with specialists and co-creating new products with our clients. We actively partner with the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Spotify, Tik Tok and Verizon – driving innovation, workshopping co-creative executions and exploring Beta product opportunities on behalf of our clients. We’re a challenger. We show up – not to compete with others, but to deliver results,’ added Flemming, Valiant CEO.