The Loeries Committee has announced its new members for 2021. A key change was the announcement that the Loeries Committee will now include representation from Middle East and North Africa (MENA), West Africa and East Africa.
The committee is the operational decision making body of the Loeries and is responsible for steering the organisation. The existing Loeries Board are members of the committee along with additional representatives from the industry.
The new regional representatives are:
• MENA: Ali Rez, Executive Creative Director at Impact BBDO, Dubai.
• West Africa: Lanre Adisa, Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Noah’s Ark, Nigeria.
• East Africa: Maxwell Ngari, Executive Creative Director at Isobar, Kenya.
In addition to the board and regional members, the Loeries Committee welcomed the following members:
• Peter Khoury, Chief Creative Officer of TBWA Hunt Lascaris who will head the judging portfolio.
• Caroline Pretorius, Executive Creative Director at VWV Group who represents the events industry.
• Haydn Townsend, Managing Director at Accenture Interactive who represents the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB SA).
• Thando Silimela, Creative Director at Draftline (AB InBev) who is a nominee by Fran Luckin, Loeries Chairperson.
• Steph van Niekerk at Grey South Africa, who is another nominee from Luckin.
Preetesh Sewraj, CEO of the Loeries, welcomed the new members, ‘This is an exciting new chapter as we welcome representation from MENA, West Africa and East Africa for the first time. The insights from new committee members will help strengthen the Loeries by helping to bring innovative new thinking to the work that we do.’
Entries are now open for the Loeries awards, which reward innovation and creativity in brand communication. Work flighted between 1 June 2020 and 31 May 2021 will be eligible to enter this round of the Loeries. Entry fees are locked at 2019 rates until 3rd May 2021 and entries close on 31st May 2021. Enter here. Modern Marketing is an official media partner of the Loeries.