The 2021 Loeries Official Rankings has revealed the most creative brands and agencies across Africa and the Middle East.
Since 2010, the Loeries Official Rankings have offered a comprehensive overview of the annual performance across the brand communications industry throughout the two regions. The rankings list the top brands, agencies and production companies, as well as performance by both individuals and companies in specialist focus areas.
The Loeries Official Rankings are a useful and independent measure of the people and companies who are delivering true creative innovation. It provides an objective and credible representation of performance across the whole of Africa and the Middle East. The Loeries is also the only award across this region that informs the global WARC Creative 100, a showcase for the best creative work in the world.
‘Across Africa and the Middle East, the Loeries Official Rankings is the definitive measure of creative innovation for brands, agencies, production companies and individuals in the brand communication industry,’ said Loeries CEO, Preetesh Sewraj. ‘It is the only comprehensive regional index that provides valuable insight into determining which brands and agencies are creating work that impacts consumers with the goal of creating an economic impact for the brand.’
The release of the 2021 Loeries Rankings is being supported by TikTok. Scott Thwaites, Head of Emerging Markets for Global Business Solutions at TikTok, shared the following thoughts on the partnership with the Loeries: ‘With authentic creativity forming the backbone of TikTok, it made perfect sense for our brand to be part of a prestigious celebration of creatives like the Loeries, and to be at the forefront of the best work in the industry. We always encourage innovation, and we wish to congratulate all the brands, agencies and individuals that have made it to this year’s rankings.’
Company rankings released included:
• Joe Public United has been ranked the number one agency in the Overall Ranking by Agency, Africa and the Middle East, for the fourth year in a row. TBWA\ Hunt Lascaris South Africa ranks in the second position with Havas Middle East taking the third spot.
• The Overall Regional Agency Group sees Joe Public United retaining the top spot, for the second year in a row, while TBWA\ rises three spots to take the second position and King James Group rises by five spots to take the third position.
• The top ranked brand for 2021 is Chicken Licken, retaining the top spots for three years in a row with Nissan taking the second spot and Walmart owned Massdiscounters coming in at position three.
• The Overall Ranking by Agency: medium size, sees The Odd Number on top, followed by Mullenlowe MENA taking the second position and Serviceplan MEA closing off the top three.
• The Open Window moves from the sixth position to first in 2021 for Top Educational Institutions, while The Animation School moves to second and the IIE-Vega moves to third in 2021.
• The Overall Ranking by Production Company sees Romance at the top of the list followed by Jack Morton while Giant films take position three.
Maxwell Ngari, Loeries Regional Committee member and Executive Creative Director of Dentsu Kenya, shared his thoughts on the importance of the Loeries Official Rankings for the Africa Middle East region: ‘The Loeries rankings are especially important in the region; they make creative excellence measurable and stir healthy competition amongst creatives, raising the standard of work coming out of the continent.’
The Loeries Official Rankings continues to evolve to better reflect changes in the industry and this year changes include the addition of an Agency Managing Director ranking, rankings of agencies separately for MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa as well as the split of the previous Brand Representative ranking into four hierarchical levels. Such changes continue to ensure that the rankings provide relevant benchmarking data that not only generates important insights but can be a tool that the industry can use to create actionable steps that help strengthen brand, agency and individual performance over a sustained period of time.
‘The Loeries rankings are probably the most important benchmarking tool in our industry,’ said Fran Luckin, Loeries Chairperson and Chief Creative Officer of Grey Africa. ‘Being able to rank your company and staff’s level of performance and innovation is as vital in our business as it is in any other business.’
The 2021 Loeries Official Rankings can be downloaded here. Modern Marketing is an official media partner of The Loeries.