Creative eCommerce and shelf-ready solutions for a diverse range of products including gin, dry shampoo and motorcycle helmets were praised by the UK Starpack Awards judging panel for Smurfit Kappa’s use of materials and innovative approach to the brief. The Starpack Awards recognise innovation in packaging design and technology.
The packaging leader’s winnings included two golds, one silver, three bronze, four highly commended and one special award. The ‘Packaging Star of the Year’ award went to Smurfit Kappa designer Carolann Butler for her clever ‘Touch Box’ pack for electrical heating units. The 100% recyclable pack eliminates the need for plastic bubble wrap and was described as a ‘perfect pack for eCommerce’ by the judges.
Commenting about the performance, Eddie Fellows, CEO of Smurfit Kappa UK said, ‘We are exceptionally proud of the fact that we continue to win such esteemed awards. ‘This really shows our drive for continuously innovating through design and material, resulting in the creation of the best possible solutions for our customers. A huge congratulations to all the design teams involved.’
The awards included:
• Packaging Star of the Year: Carolann Butler (Smurfit Kapp Peterborough).
• Gold Award: Ideal Boilers electrical heating unit eCommerce pack.
• Gold Award: Cadbury’s 5-a-side display stand.
• Silver Award: SuperStar Components bike pedal eCommerce pack.
• Bronze Award: Chivas transit pack.
• Bronze Award: Batiste dry shampoo shelf-ready pack.
• Bronze Award: Esse stove online shipper pack.
• Highly Commended: Brockmans Gin gift pack.
• Highly Commended: Davida Motorcycle helmet pack.
• Highly Commended: Argos Weatherproof shipper.
• Highly Commended: Richmond Sausages shelf-ready pack.
SMURFIT KAPPA https://www.smurfitkappa.com