The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) announced that the 2019 APEX awards season is officially open for entry. The annual APEX awards are hosted by the ACA and sponsor Kantar Millward Brown, the official representative body for the Communications and Advertising sector in South Africa.
The APEX awards programme recognises and awards those advertising and communications campaigns that are not only creative but effective in delivering a tangible and measurable return on investment or objectives.
Mathe Okaba, ACA CEO said, ‘Winning an APEX places a real seal on a client and agency team’s achievement because it demonstrates the contribution made by the team through its collaboration and work. This is a call for agencies to enter their best communications campaigns, those that not only ignited consumer demand but delivered and exceeded on campaign objectives. An APEX is the only award that counts.’
The standard required to win an APEX award is extremely high. Entrants are required to submit case studies detailing their campaigns and how all possible factors other than the campaigns themselves have been considered as causes for brand success. To view previous APEX winners or to order their respective case studies, please click on the APEX tab on the ACA website.
The three APEX categories into which campaigns may be entered are:
1. Launch – for brands or services that are less than 12 months old with no significant history of advertising.
2. Change – for new campaigns from previously advertised brands that resulted in significant short-term effects on sales and/or behaviour – short-term being within a period of no more than 18 months.
3. Sustain – for campaigns that benefitted a business by maintaining or strengthening a brand over a long period, i.e. 36 months.
Compulsory briefing sessions for all entrants will be held at the AAA School of Advertising campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The briefing provides prospective entrants all the relevant information required on how to enter, compile and adequately prepare APEX submissions and, therefore, stand a better chance of winning an award.
The 2019 APEX briefings will take place as follows:
• Johannesburg, 29 January 2019: 14H00 to 16H00.
• Cape Town, 31 January 2019: 14H00 to 16H00.
Attendance is free of charge, seats are limited and booking is essential. To reserve your seat at one or both of the briefing sessions, please email email@example.com.